Here’s some information on how to prevent tarnish and care for your beautiful Silver and Gold Jewellery:
- Wear your jewellery OFTEN! Natural skin oils keep silver looking shiny.
- Exposure to air will tarnish the silver, so either store in anti-tarnish bags or make sure your jewellery storage area is in as low of a humidity as possible.
- Remove jewellery before using household chemicals, lotions, hair spray/products as they are harmful to your silver’s shine.
- Remove earrings at night to prevent damage to ear stud posts.
- To remove tarnish use a specially designed silver cloth, lnt free flannel, microfibre or any non-abrasive cloth.
- Don’t use paper towels/tissues as they contain small fibres that can scratch the silver.
- For small fiddly areas use a cotton bud.
- If tarnish is severe, try taking to a professional silver cleaner.